To celebrate International Women’s Day, Peter and Stuart reflect on an earlier podcast they recorded about women and cardiovascular disease.
They discuss the top 5 things to consider when it comes to women and heart disease:
1. More than 5% of Australian women over the age of 18 report having one heart attack, stroke or cardiovascular disease.
2. Cardiovascular disease among women is more common than cancer.
3. Lifestyle (diet, exercise and weight management) is very important when it comes to prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.
4. Indigenous women are twice as likely to have cardiovascular disease than non-indigenous women.
5. Women often present with atypical symptoms.
You can tune into this episode here.
You can find the podcast on the Coronary Artery Calcium Score test that Peter and Stuart mention here.
Enjoyed this podcast?
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d also love for you to leave a review on Apple Podcasts and share it with your colleagues, friends and family.
If you’d like to get in touch with us about our podcast, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for tuning in!